1. The Competition is played under The Rules of Golf as laid down by The R&A Competitors must be 16 years old and Players entering the competition under 18 yrs of age must be chaperoned at all stages of competition by a responsible adult.
2. Each competitor must have an ACTIVE CONGU handicap issued by an affiliated golf club and have played in 3 club competitions during the previous calendar Year. Handicaps must remain ACTIVE from the date of entry and throughout involvement in the competition. Current handicap certificates must be taken to each event. If a competitor does not provide a handicap certificate on the day of the event he/she must provide proof of handicap to the Tournament director within 48 hours of completion of the event.
3. Pebble Beach Pairs is a pairs better ball competition maximum shot allowance of 24 for Men with a 75% handicap difference being granted.
4. In order to preserve the integrity of the Competition MATCHPLAYGOLF the organisers’ reserve the right to disqualify a player or players from the tournament in the event that the tournament committee determines, in its absolute discretion, that a player’s handicap is inaccurate when compared with their actual playing ability. The tournament committee will determine whether a player’s handicap is inaccurate by taking into consideration any or all of the following:
Handicap history review
1. Previous tournament/competition results;
2. Current sanctions from any other national golf tournaments or from any County or National golf administrative bodies; Judgement on the relevance of completed competitions within the past 12 months.
3. Complaints which are in the public domain and any other handicap inconsistencies that are brought to our attention.
THE WINNERS FINAL WILL QUALIFY FOR THE PEBBLE BEACH GRAND FINAL**
1. Regional Finals play will be from the Competition Tee on the day - this is subject to change at the organiser's discretion.
2. No refunds will be given for club qualifying .Direct Entry refunds. All cancellations made less than 7 days before and event NO REFUNDS but can be transfered to other players who wish to compete in your place. All cancellations made prior to this can be transfered to another Event or other Players who wish to compete in your place.
3. Playoffs ,Tied Scores. In the case of a tie the result will be decided in a playoff . If playing conditions are not suitable then a card playoff will be used.Taking into account the last nine holes on the scorecard. If there is still a tie the result will be decided on the last 6, 3, 2, 1 hole/s.
4. Any dispute unable to be resolved by the players should be raised by email to the Tournament Director at email@example.com The Tournament Director's decision on any issue will be final.
5. Any player found to not be complying with the rules laid down by MATCHPLAYGOLF can at the tournaments committee’s discretion be disqualified from the competition.
6. The use of any GPS, rangefinders and stroke savers is permitted providing the device measures distance only.
7. Players playing in the Pebble Beach Pairs can make use of a caddie.
8. The general use of golf buggies is permitted at qualifying events but not at the Regional Finals or Tour Final.
9. Clubs may nominate the Regional Final in which they wish to participate.
10. Entry is limited to 64 teams per Regional Final and will be accepted on a First Come First Served Basis adjustments to field sizes and entries are at the discretion of MATCHPLAY GOLF and can be amended at any time
11. The Regional Finals are decided over 18 holes unless playing conditions require the number of holes to be reduced as per MATCHPLAY GOLF Tournament Regulations.
13. Information for competitors and the draw for starting times will be sent via email to the competing players approximately two weeks prior to the Regional Finals. They will also be available from www.pebblebeachpairs.com
**1 Pair will qualify per 64 Regional Final entries**
15. MATCHPLAY GOLF will provide flights, accommodation and transfers for all competitors competing in the Grand Final.
Note: All competitors competing in the Grand Final will be expected to make and pay for their own travel arrangements to the
16. All competitors competing in the Grand Final must attend all official functions
17. In the event that Regional final Winners cannot make the Tour Final final dates they will be offered places at the next Tour Final , if they cannot make the next final they will be disqualified from the competition.
Pebble Beach Grand Final
1. It is each competitor's responsibility to make sure they have valid and correct insurances in place MATCHPLAY GOLF do not accept liability for any injury, damage or death caused at any stage of the Pebble Beach Pairs Competition.
2. Players qualifying for the Final will need to hold a valid passport and fill out the correct paperwork ie ESTAS to enter the USA
3. The following expenses will be paid for by Matchplay Golf for competitors to play in the PEBBLE BEACH GRAND FINAL :
Return Flights from the UK to the USA
Five nights accommodation room only
Transfers in the USA
Three rounds of competition golf.
4. Additional rounds of golf and non PEBBLE BEACH PAIRS GRAND FINAL transportation costs are to be met by each individual
5. Players qualifying for the PEBBLE BEACH PAIRS GRAND FINAL are responsible for making their own way to and from the UK departure airport.
6. By entering the Pebble Beach Pairs you agree that you may be included on both text and images on any advertising, marketing or promotional information set out by MATCHPLAY GOLF
7. Any player qualifying to the Pebble Beach Finals will need to have appropriate travel insurance; MATCHPLAY GOLF will not be liable for any loss, injury or illness.
MATCHPLAY GOLF reserve the right to change the regional venues and Grand final venue without prior or written notice.
MATCHPLAY GOLF reserve the right to amend or cancel any aspect of the competition should there be cause to do so.
8. The 2019/20 Grand Final of THE PEBBLE BEACH PAIRS will be a 54-hole PAIRS STABLEFORD event with 18 holes to be played each day , unless playing conditions require this to be altered as per MATCHPLAY GOLF Tournament Regulations.
In the event of a tie for first place in the Grand Final, normal countback rules will apply, the winning team of which will be champions. Card play-off, if applicable, will operate as follows: lowest last 36,18, 9.
If a tie still remains A DRAW WILL BE DECLARED
In the event that Regional final Winners cannot make the final dates they will be offered places at the next final if they cannot make the next final they will be disqualified from the competition.
Terms and Conditions
TRAVEL DATES SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY
THE PRIZE IS NON-TRANSFERABLE
Competition rules subject to MATCHPLAY GOLF terms and conditions - for information contact:-
Liam Davies: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return economy flights for the winning pairs - London to San Francisco
Private transfers to and from the airport to Pebble Beach Golf Resort .
5 Nights at Pebble Beach based upon 2 sharing - (extra nights available at an additional cost).
3 rounds of Golf including one round on the Pebble Beach Golf Links